Ms Van-Davies, Parent Support Worker support families, parents, carers and children in our school. She works with parents and children to:
- help improve behaviour and attendance
- overcome barriers to learning to help parents support their children’s learning
- work with parents to increase their involvement in their child’s education, both at school and at home.
Her work varies depending on each school's needs so it might include one-to-one support for parents to engage them with their children’s learning to working with groups of parents as well as a number of other areas such as:
- arranging and running classes or events for parents
- promoting attendance at parent evenings
- giving one to one assistance to parents
- contacting parents of absent pupils
- arranging access to education services or other relevant specialist services for parents who may not have access
- arranging and conducting home visits.
Please contact Ms Van Davies on 07542 810791 if you would a chance to talk or discuss any concerns you may have.